my first motivational talk...


This morning, I woke up exceptionally early, to go to SMK keray0ng for a talk. Promised Mr Chang to give this motivational talk to his form 3-5 students.

the night before this talk, i was really freaked out. Preparing the slide was a torture, especially when i found out i only have 30 pages of power point to talk, half of them are picture!!!!
Being the first talk that i give, I don't know what will happen. What if i don't know what to talk in front of the audience? Horrible to think!!!!

Eventually, I went and delivered the talk. The first 20 minutes, was awkward for me and the students. i finished the PowerPoint in less than half an hour....I don't know what to talk anymore, then I started to invite questions from the floor.

After the first awkward part, things get better as I asked volunteers to come out to experience my stethoscope, tendon hammer, torch light....Students start to be more comfortable and ask questions

Lucky there were teachers there to help me. When students get shy to come out or ask question, they will help to ask them to speak up...thanks for them
Overall, it was Okay, not as bad as i would imagine. Although there were some moments i actually have 'speech-block' or total silence...

Anyway, I am happy with it, it is my very first time, We always make stupid mistakes during first time mah, that's how we learn and grow.
After the talk, I was given this as souvenir, and out of my surprise, an envelop with money in it!!!
so happy, can earn money ler!!!!Happy!!!! : ) I wasn't expecting money at all!!!!

Never thought I can be someone up there to give motivational talk! Really! I am an inspiration to the students here? Still cant believe that.

I seldom do sharing, some of the thing i shared today, i have never told anyone...i seldom share emotional and personal things, bcos I feel vulnerable and insecure to expose my emotion and feeling. This is a very big step for me, to let myself be vulnerable...

Through this talk, I hope it can at least do something good to at least 1 student. if even 1 student gets benefit from it, it is worthy of doing!

He is the one who made me to do this talk, erm, thank you. Our beloved teacher.

Comments

  1. haha.. so fast finish ur talk d ar..? If i am the one there, i also dunno what to prepare as well.. hhaha! anyway, congratulations for ur "first time"!! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

我要减肥!!!

我要减肥 PART 2

The Biggest Loser