Touched...


Went for a medical camp last week. erm, medical camp is an activity where we go to interior part to see and treat patient, that kind of thing.

It was not as I would imagine, because it was kinda too comfortable for us. We went water cruise, see orang utan, proboscis monkey, king fisher....
But, we do see patient as well, even though I see very limited...

There is 1 patient, who is only 16 years old, but has quite bad psoriasis. His skin, from the hands, scalp, trunks to the leg, all are covered with these psoriatic plaque. He loss his hair due to the skin condition.During the consultation, he kept asking what is the cause of his skin condition. He thought that it was his hygiene level, or his blood is just too toxic things like that.


His father was even more worried, thinking that his son is having some infectious skin disease, I can feel that they are kinda embarrassed by the skin condition. I kept stressing to them that this is not something they should feel embarrassed about, because they cause is just auto immune and it is not infectious.


After all the explanations, I wrote him a referral letter to dermatologist, telling him that this is a skin condition which can be controlled by medication.


When i handed him his prescription and referral letter, he pushed aside the prescription, I noticed that, inside me was thinking: why don't want the prescription la?


Then the very next second, I saw him reach out for the referral letter first, folded it nicely to fit into his wallet, he kept it well inside the wallet, then only he took back the prescription. I notice the way he handle the letter, with such care that I've never seen before from any patient! My heart was so warm at that time. It felt so nice that when you do something that patient actually appreciate.


I had a skin condition which I felt embarrassed during my secondary school time as well. At that time, people always tell that the cause of it is me taking too much coffee, making my body too 'hot' that worsens the condition. And, I believed what they thought as well, blaming myself for addicting to coffee and staying up late so often. The thing never got better because nobody actually came and tell me that it was acne vulgarise and it is curable by just simple oral antibiotic in early phase! I grew up with acne and acne scars, and thinking my acne is my fault! Up til university time, when I have access to medical knowledge, then I realise that it is just bacteria infection of the blocked pores.


I just hope that I did something good to this young poor boy, even though I dint really cure his psoriasis, at least he now knows that he shouldn't blame himself for that. It is just psoriasis, and unfortunately that happens to him.

A little bit update for my acne, haha. Now I am taking oral retinoid acid, and I am very happy with the effect. Now is 6th month of treatment already, please pray for me that my acne will continue to be controlled, and no side effect for me please.............but my fasting lipid profile starts to show abnormalities already.....kuang3 爱美不要命,this sentence is so true!!!


There is another dermato condition I have... never share with anyone, see la next time only write...




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我要减肥!!!

我要减肥 PART 2

The Biggest Loser